Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Interactivity #4

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvyGdl5peVRzdDFONkpCcDlkenU4YXFWeFVhY25tbEE&usp=sharing


I chose this particular lesson because it seemed to be a lesson that I felt my students would be able to relate to and easily learn from.  It also seemed to be something where they could bring their personal lives into the classroom through music they listen to.  I thought it was also already well thought-out and did not need very many changes to the plan.
One of the gaps I noticed between the Standards and the technologies used was the use of notation.  The original lesson plan did not use notation at all when determining the style of a piece.  However, Standard 1.1.5.B.1 states that musical notation will be used to identify the elements of music as well as aural prompts.  I felt that those needed to be included in this lesson plan in order to accomplish this standard and I therefore added a projector displaying notation of the listening examples during the class.  I believe this will not only give students an aural distinction in styles of music, but a visual example as well.  I think this will help the various types of learners I will have in the classroom.
The other detachment I saw was a lack of a group discussion about the musical elements.  I believe this will help the students think more critically about their reasons for picking those elements and why they believe they make the styles different.

No comments:

Post a Comment