Saturday, February 2, 2013

About Me

My name is Heather Krygoski and I’m currently a junior at MSU.  I’m a music education major and I play the euphonium and trombone.  I’ve been on staff for a marching band for the past 2 years and have been teaching private lessons for a few years as well.  Apart from music, I really enjoy movies, playing racquetball, and nerdy television.  

After I graduate from MSU, I’d really like to teach instrumental music; preferably at the middle school level.  I'd also like to pursue my master's degree in euphonium performance or conducting.  

I feel rather comfortable using technology.  As someone in this generation, I can easily adapt and learn how to use new technological items.  However, in terms of using technology in the classroom, I’d like to learn more.  I'd like to learn more about recent developments that are being used in the classroom such as Smartboards and how I can adapt them to be used effectively in my music classroom.  I think technology in the classroom needs to advance along with the technology in the world in order for it to remain more relatable to the students.

1 comment:

  1. Adaption is a really good thing to have. I know that whenever I'm faced with an unknown, I always have these lapses of freezing up before I can fully get over it. I think it's cool that you're studying to be a music teacher. I know that for some teachers nowadays, Youtube is becoming more and more useful in handling material like that. Music is something that instantly goes with technology.

    ReplyDelete